Thursday, January 1, 2015

Hopes for 2015

January 1, 2015

The Christmas decorations are down and the  holidays are over.  It is the first day of 2015,  I  think about 2014 and wonder what 2015 is going to look like. We, like many, have had our ups and downs throughout the year. It has been a hard year in some ways but in many ways we are so blessed.

As I think about 2015 and things that I would like to do or change I get so overwhelmed at times because there are so many things that I see that need be changed in my life.  I need to become healthier, be more organized, strive to be the perfect Mom, the perfect wife, the perfect friend, the perfect employee at work, ....  I could even make up another whole list of things for "work only" that I need to work on.

I get so overwhelmed about all the things that I  need to do so I tend to just mess up  all things.  I think I need to look at things differently.  I need to  focus on what God has for me that day, that hour, that minute.  He has plans, He wants me to study His word, spend time with Him, and obey Him, to love others and to share God's love with others.   I will never be the perfect wife, Mom, friend and everything else that I think I need to be, but I can strive to  be the person that God wants me to be. When I do this,  I believe that I will be better at being Mom, wife, etc.

So my hopes and goals for 2015:
1.  Love the Lord God with all my heart, soul and strength.
2.  Make him top priority in my life.
3. Read and study his word,
4. Pray more and Listen more.
5. Love others more and share God's love more.

When you put Him first then often everything falls into place.

Happy New Year everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment